Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 1 1 6

Custom indicator for Advanced Search

Could you pls advise what is the best way to create an filter indicator and to get every week on the email the excel with results? For examples there are these “Stock Reports Plus Average Score” (current and some from the past):

'TR.SRPAverageScore','TR.SRPAverageScoreOneWeekAgo','TR.SRPAverageScoreOneMonthAgo'

In Advanced Search I would like to create smth like this:

FILTER =
['Stock Reports Plus Average Score'] > ['Stock Reports Plus Average Score - 1 Week'] & 
['Stock Reports Plus Average Score - 1 Week'] > ['Stock Reports Plus Average Score - 1 Month'] & 
['Stock Reports Plus Average Score'] > ['Stock Reports Plus Average Score - 1 Month'] &
['Stock Reports Plus Average Score'] > 7)

Let’s say I get 10 stocks after filtering. Then I schedule the search:

a.jpg

Could you please advise how shall I create this custom filter?

Thank you!

eikon#contentscreeningsearch
a.jpg (29.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Anufriyev

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Case 1221088 is closed with the following resolution:

Please note that the Advanced Search App, although it has a possibility to send scheduled e-mails, does not allow to create custom filters (and is limited to only the default ones). You can create these filters in Screener App, but there is no possibility to schedule an e-mail to be sent, you would have to run the search and retrieve the data manually.

To set the filters, please use the Add Colum field below the Quick Filters and simply paste the TR. formula, like in the example below, TR.SRPAverageScore. Then, once you add the first filter, please choose the arrow functions and in the second field, please add the second formula. So in the example below it is TR.SRPAverageScore > TR.SRPAverageScoreOneWeekAgo in each of the fields.

Once the first condition is added, please add the additional ones, using the same steps.

Please note though, that since there is no way to automate an e-mail delivery, you would have to save this Screen and tick the "Track newly added/removed securities" to see any changes whenever you run the Screen.

You should then be able to lookup the newly added or removed instruments, compared to the last time the Screen was run. Also, in the right top corner there is the option to download the data to Excel.
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@Anufriyev Thanks for your question - as this is a forum for programmatic API usage and this is an in-product app query - I have opened a support query on your behalf with the following case number: 12210881. They will be reaching out directly to you shortly. I hope this can be of help. Let us know how you get on.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you for support

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.