question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

リフィニティブAPIに関する問合せについて

EMAとRefinitiv Real-Time SDKのWindowsServer2022への対応について

⇒EMA(最新バージョン3.6.8.L1.win)ならびにRefinitiv Real-Time SDK(最新バージョン2.0.8.L1)は現状ではWindows Server2022未対応と認識しています。OSの保守性を考慮すると、WindowsServer2022の選択を視野に入れたく考えており、WindowsServer2022への対応ロードマップをお知らせいただけますでしょうか。具体的には以下を確認願います。

- WindowsServer2022にはいつ対応されるか(そもそも対応が予定されているか)をご教示下さい。

- 対応予定の場合、対応される際のバージョン番号とそのリリース時期をご教示下さい。

・EMAとRefinitiv Real-Time SDKのライブラリ名等の変更情報のご提供依頼

⇒ 貴社営業ご担当から”ブランドが『thomsonreuters』->『refinitiv』へと変更され、APIの内容も新ブランドにあわせてライブラリ名等の変更を行っている” とのご回答をいただいております。ライブラリ名等に関する旧新の変更点が分かるような技術資料・情報についてご連携いただけますでしょうか。また、『APIの内容も新ブランドにあわせてライブラリ名等の変更』については、機能として変更はない認識で良いでしょうか。(機能の変更がある場合は、対象機能と各機能の変更の具体的な内容(例示ではなく、変更内容の全量)をご教示下さい。)

・EMAおよび、SDKのEOSL日付について

⇒EMA(3.6.8.L1.win)、Refinitiv Real-Time SDK(2.0.8.L1)について、メーカーサポート終了日(EOSL)をご教示下さい。EOSLが特に定められていない場合は、サポートライフサイクルポリシー(最新バージョンリリース後、n年経過でサポートアウトするなど)をご教示下さい。

#productwindows-os
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Translated from Google as below

Inquiries about the Refinitiv API

・Support for Windows Server 2022 for EMA and Refinitiv Real-Time SDK

⇒ EMA (latest version 3.6.8.L1.win) and Refinitiv Real-Time SDK (latest version 2.0.8.L1) are currently not compatible with Windows Server 2022. Considering the maintainability of the OS, we would like to consider the selection of WindowsServer2022, so could you let us know the roadmap for supporting WindowsServer2022? Specifically, please check the following.

- Please tell us when WindowsServer2022 will be supported (whether it is planned to be supported in the first place).

- If you plan to support it, please tell us the version number and the release date when it is supported.

・Request for change information such as library name of EMA and Refinitiv Real-Time SDK

⇒ We have received a response from your company's sales representative that "the brand has been changed from 'thomsonreuters' to 'refinitiv', and the contents of the API have been changed to match the new brand, such as library names." . Could you please cooperate with technical materials and information that show the changes between old and new regarding library names, etc.?

<AHS>

(cont.)

Also, is it correct to assume that there will be no changes in terms of functionality regarding the changes to API contents and library names in line with the new brand? (If there is a change in the function, please tell us the target function and the specific contents of the change of each function (not an example, but the total amount of the change).)

・About EOSL date of EMA and SDK

⇒ Please let us know the manufacturer support end date (EOSL) for EMA (3.6.8.L1.win) and Refinitiv Real-Time SDK (2.0.8.L1). If EOSL is not specifically defined, please let us know your support lifecycle policy (e.g. support out after n years have passed since the release of the latest version).

<AHS>

Contacting Tirthankar.

Hi @ayumu.fujimoto ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @ayumu.fujimoto san

Sorry for the late reply. Please see the answer from the RTSDK product team below:

Windows Server 2022 supports

There are no plans to add support for Windows Server 2022 this year.

In the meantime, you can submit an enhancement request to the product team via the https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/feedback.html page.

About EOSL date of EMA and SDK

At this point, there is no rolling obsolescence for APIs. The API versions below and later are fully supported versions

• RTSDK C/C++ - 2.0.0.L1 - Linux, Windows (ETA/EMA 3.6.0.L1)

• RTSDK Java - 2.0.0.L1 – Java (ETA/EMA 3.6.0.L1 - Java

I hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @ayumu.fujimoto

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please see my answers below.

Windows Server 2022 supports

I am checking with the RTSDK team. I will get back to you as soon as I receive any information from the team.

API/SDK Rebranding

Starting with version RTSDK 2.0.0.L1 (same as EMA/ETA 3.6.0.L1), there are namespace changes and library name changes. Please note that all interfaces remain the same as prior releases of RTSDK and Elektron SDK and will remain fully wire compatible.

• Note: no changes in terms of functionality regarding the changes to API contents and library names

Please check the REBRAND.md file (also available in the SDK package) and PCN-12072 for more detail about the impact on existing applications and how to quickly adapt to the re-branded libraries.

About EOSL date of EMA and SDK

There is no plan to EOL the EMA 3.6.8.L1 (RTSDK 2.0.8) yet. However, I am checking with the RTSDK team about the support lifecycle.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi @wasin.w san

Thank you for your reply.

I'm looking forward to your update about my first questions.

Btw, by receiving your answer,

I have further 2 questions.

Sorry to say, could you please confirm and answer to them?

[Additional quesiton1]

Currently, we have The source code which is programmed with "Electron SDK-C/C++-1.0.7 (EMA3.0.5.18)" on our environment.

Would the use of the "Rebranding" document complete the modification?

If missing, please provide technical information and documentation additionally.

[Additional quesiton2]

We are looking for release notes from "SDK-C/C++-1.0.7(EMA3.0.5.18)" to "SDK-C/C++-1.2.0.L1(EMA3)".

But we can't find it.

Please tell me the difference information (new features, bug fixes, deleted function) if possible.

Thanks and regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @ayumu.fujimoto

I am still waiting for the information from the RTSDK team. I will get back to you as soon as I receive any information from them.

Please see the answers to the additional questions below.

Question 1: Currently, we have The source code which is programmed with "Electron SDK-C/C++-1.0.7 (EMA3.0.5.18)" on our environment. Would the use of the "Rebranding" document complete the modification? If missing, please provide technical information and documentation additionally.

Answer: Yes, the content in the REBRAND.md file covers the changes' impact on the RTSDK customer. For the EMA C++ API, the impacts are as follows:

rebrand-1.png

brand-2.jpg

• Note: The rebranding does not impact the connectivity, data, and functionalities of the API.

Question 2: We are looking for release notes from "SDK-C/C++-1.0.7(EMA3.0.5.18)" to "SDK-C/C++-1.2.0.L1(EMA3)" but we can't find it. Please tell me the different information (new features, bug fixes, deleted function) if possible.

Answer: Unfortunately, the oldest change log file is available since the RTSDK version 1.3.0 (EMA 3.3.0.0). You can get the file from RTSDK 1.3.0 Changelog.md file link.

• Note: You can find the latest change log file from GitHub and the SDK package too.

I hope this helps.

rebrand-1.png (108.8 KiB)
brand-2.jpg (71.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi @wasin.w san

I apologize for delay reply.

(Thank you for introducing feedback form, we are going to discuss about this.)

As a summary, I have understood that current support policy is following.

If my understanding is incorrect, please point out.

Summary1:

In this year(by2023/12/31),

there is no plan for supporting the Windows Server 2022.

Summary2:

If we hope refinitiv to support Windows Server 2022 officially,

we can submit the enhance request.

(Sorry to say, are there any plans to support in 2024?)

Kind regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Summary 1: In this year(by 2023/12/31), there is no plan for supporting the Windows Server 2022.

Answer: Yes, you are right.

Summary 2: If we hope Refinitiv to support Windows Server 2022 officially, we can submit the enhanced request.

Answer: That's right. You can submit the enhancement request via the following pages:

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Hi @wasin.w san

Thank you for your response.

Sorry to say again,

Are there any determined plan to support Windows Server2022

by current the newest version or next version?

Thanks and regards,

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Thank you for reaching out to me. I am contacting the RTSDK product team and I will get back to you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

I got an update from the RTSDK product team. The team confirms we have a plan to support Windows Server 2022. However, we do not have an exact release schedule yet, but most definitely be in 2024.

I hope this information answers your questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.