question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 0 1 4

Exception in thread ThreadOMMSTREAMING_PRICING_0.0

Hello,

I am connected via Amazon Workspaces VDI. I am trying open platform session and make sample data retrieval as shown in below code. Even though the session is opened there is an error occurring. I get immediately this error message:

Exception in thread ThreadOMMSTREAMING_PRICING_0.0:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\threading.py", line 1009, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\delivery\_stream\stream_connection.py", line 167, in run
self._run_websocket_listener()
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\delivery\_stream\stream_connection.py", line 275, in _run_websocket_listener
http_proxy_auth = proxy_config.auth
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\delivery\_stream\proxy_info.py", line 96, in auth
return tuple(self._proxy_user, self._proxy_pass)
TypeError: tuple expected at most 1 argument, got 2

and after some time another error message:

Exception in thread AuthManager-Thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\threading.py", line 1009, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\threading.py", line 946, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\_core\session\auth_manager.py", line 213, in _do_authorize
self._refresh_token_updater.start()
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\_core\session\updater.py", line 44, in start
raise e
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\_core\session\updater.py", line 41, in start
self._do_update()
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\_core\session\refresh_token_updater.py", line 96, in _do_update
self._callback(event, message, json_content)
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\_core\session\auth_manager.py", line 301, in _refresh_token_update_handler
self._ee.emit(UpdateEvent.UPDATE_ACCESS_TOKEN, access_token)
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\_tools\_common.py", line 83, in emit
callback(*args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\_core\session\_session.py", line 265, in update_access_token
cxn.send_login_message()
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\delivery\_stream\stream_connection.py", line 349, in send_login_message
self.send_message(self.get_login_message())
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\delivery\_stream\omm_stream_connection.py", line 36, in get_login_message
self._get_socket_info()
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\delivery\_stream\stream_connection.py", line 468, in _get_socket_info
return self._listener.get_socket_info()
File "D:\Users\tsalakhu\PycharmProjects\ymr\venv\lib\site-packages\refinitiv\data\delivery\_stream\ws\ws_client.py", line 39, in get_socket_info
ip = self.ws.sock.sock.getsockname()[0]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'sock'

Could you please advise what causes the error and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Tymursample-retrieval.png

python#technologyrefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@tymur.salakhutdinov

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
36 0 1 4

Hi @raksina.samasiri ,

I have found out there was a bug in rd which is supposed to be fixed soon. Here is the link to jira https://jira.refinitiv.com/browse/EAPI-51851682332961557.png

1682332961557.png (83.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @tymur.salakhutdinov ,

Please let me know which version of the Refinitiv Data Python library you've used. The code below can be used.

print(rd.__version__)

The latest version is 1.1.1, could you please also try to update to the latest version and try again.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @raksina.samasiri ,

I have checked the version and it is the latest one. Please see screenshot below. I have also tried different Python versions: 9 and 10. The error still persists.microsoftteams-image.png

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @tymur.salakhutdinov ,

Sorry for the issue you've been facing. However, I cannot reproduce the issue so, could you please run the "pip list" command and provide the result here? The "pip list" command will list all installed packages in your current environment.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.