question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Priority in the subscription of RIC

I wanted to see if it is possible to establish the priority in the RIC subscription using the RFA8 library?

It is possible to use the following function of the ThomsonReuters.RFA.Message.ReqMsg class and what is it for?

public void SetPriority(byte priorityClass, ushort priorityCount);

I ask if you can give me an example.

Thank you so much.

#productsubscription
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@gosantos

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@gosantos

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@gosantos

Thanks for reaching out to us.

A consumer uses OMMPriority to notify the provider of the preferred execution of the preemption algorithm. If more items are requested than the provider allows, either the new stream is closed or an existing stream is preempted. The provider should make the decision based on the priority of the streams. The stream with the lowest priority should be preempted. The OMMPriority object contains the following elements:

• priorityClass: This element defines the importance of the stream. The highest priority indicates higher importance. The values can be from 0 to 10. A value of 0 indicates that the stream is open on consumer application, but is not watched (i.e., can be paused).
  • Count: This element identifies how many users are using this stream. A greater count means greater priority, however, this parameter compares within the same priorityClass. The PriorityClass takes precedence over the count.

For example, the Refinitiv Real-Time Advanced Data Hub uses the combination of priorityCount and priorityClass to preempt items when the user’s allowable cache list size is exceeded. Refinitiv Real-Time Advanced Data Hub always preempts the item with the lowest priorityCount within the priorityClass and then provides an RsslStatusMsg with a streamState of RSSL_STREAM_CLOSED_RECOVER for the item.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.