question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Static requests for DSCD in DatastreamDSWS are incomplete?

I use python (3.6) and DatastreamDSWS (1.0.8) to make a set of static requests to obtain the ‘DSCD’ for a list of SEDOLs:

• When I query certain SEDOLs, I get back NA where I would expect to get a value:
    • An example is SEDOL ‘2076009’ (Bank of Montreal):
      • I get NA for DSCD when I do a static request using DSWS
      • When I use the Datastream add-in in Excel, the search results finds that the DSCD is ‘902195’
  • When I query the SEDOL ‘4031976’ (Adidas):
    • I get two search results in the Datastream add-in in Excel; 866013, 870874
    • When I the same request using DSWS I only get one result: 866013

In the first case, I would like to get a value, not NA. In the second case, I would like to get both values, not just one. I understand German stocks trade on multiple exchanges. Still, I'm interested in both DSCDs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

#contentdsws-apidatastream
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Gert ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @Gert
Have you tried with `ticker='SYM#(2076009,SEDOL)'`?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.