question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 1 3

Messenger SxS API failure to send message after successful authentication

Hi All,

This afternoon I was looking at the the Eikon Messenger SxS API in Postman while reading the Messenger SxS API Documentation PDF.

I managed to successfully generate my API Key and Product Id and then used those to get a sessionToken.

The Eikon Messenger popped up a screen asking if I would allow myself to access the SxS API and I replied 'Allow...'. All good so far.

Unfortunately when I attempt to send a message using the following endpoint :

/sxs/v2/services/messenger/v1/chat/message/send

... I get the following response :

"isSuccess": false,
    "error": {
        "code": -32603,
        "message": "Couldn't get origin from productId: MDXTECHNOLOGYLIMITED.MDXTCONNECTMAILER"
    }
}

What does that error suggest that I have done wrong?

Thanks so much for any advice!

Darren.

#productmessenger-side-by-side-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @darren.richards

Thank you for contacting us. Based on the error message, this issue needs to be investigated by the Messenger team. I highly recommend you contact the Messenger Support team directly via the following methods:

Live Chat (Available 24 hours)
- Using the Eikon Messenger embedded in Eikon > click the 'Support' icon beside your name at the upper right-hand corner of the Eikon Messenger.

Contact Us (Available 24 hours)
- Eikon menu > Help > Contact Us
- MyRefinitiv > Get Support
MyRefinitiv website: http://my.refinitiv.com/

contact-messenger.png

Phone (Available 24 hours)
- Please call: 0800-44-3000

I hope this information helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
2 0 1 3

I see there is another API covered over at apidocs.refinitiv.com :

https://api.refinitiv.com/messenger/beta1/message

Should I be using that instead of the SxS API to send messages? It certainly looks ideal (in theory). I tried to make the call on that endpoint in the API Playground but received the following :

{ "error": { "message": "user is not authorized to use the API", "code": 401 } }

How do I get authorized to try it / use it?

Thanks again!

Darren.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
2 0 1 3

Thanks Wasin.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.