question

Upvotes
Accepted
185 6 11 24

PROD_PERM and DACS lock

We are using RFA 8.1 C++ api to consume market data with Open DACS set up.

Can you confirm if our understanding about PROD_PERM and DACS lock is correct -

• PROD_PREM contains PE codes. They needs to be converted to DACS lock for checking CBE
  • Refresh message will have has_perm_data flag set and permData. permData in Refresh message has DACS lock which can be used for CBE checks.
  • Which method out of above two should be used for CBE checks?

Also can you tell us where I can find more information on PROD_PERM FID. Data model page has just one liner description.

treprfa#productrfa-apiopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

@mktdata

The APIs allow users to specify a DACS lock in the refresh message so the client can use it to perform CBE checks.

With PROD_PERM, the client needs to use OpenDACS API to create a DACS lock from the PE. Then use the created DACS lock to perform CBE checks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.2k 246 52 72

@mktdata

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I suggest using the permission data in the refresh message to perform CBE checks.

For more information regarding the PROD_PERM field, please contact the content support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
185 6 11 24

@Jirapongse Any specific reason it is preferred to use permission data from refresh over PROD_PERM? We need to explain this to our client who insist us to use PROD_PERM.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.