question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

I have a user that is interested in the Real Time Research API via Refinitiv Data Platform. Can you confirm if this API runs on Linux?

I have a user that is interested in the Real Time Research API via Refinitiv Data Platform. Can you confirm if this API runs on Linux?

eikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologycompany-research
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Camillemm7 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@Camillemm7

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @Camillemm7

Are you interested in the following RDP service: https://api.refinitiv.com/message-services/v1/research/subscriptions?

If so, this service is utilizing message queues within the cloud. Because it is a service in the cloud, you should have no problem accessing it from Linux. If your question is whether we provide a library, the only one I believe that offers this capability for Linux is the Refinitiv Data Library for .Net.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hi @Camillemm7

Can you clarify more detail about the "Real-Time Research API via Refinitiv Data Platform"? Is it the Refinitiv Data Platform (RDP) APIs HTTP /discovery/search/v1 or /discovery/searchlight/v1 API? If so, please be informed that they are the core RDP APIs which are the HTTP web-based APIs, so they can be used on any platform including Linux.

You can find more detail on the RDP APIs page above and the Search - complimentary service page.

If the client wants to use the service via the ease-of-use Refinitiv Data Libraries, there are Python, TypeScript, and .NET libraries for the clients. The Python and TypeScript editions are platform-independent, so they should support Linux OS (I am not sure about the .NET edition).

• Note: Only the Python edition is Production-ready, the TypeScript and .NET editions are still in beta release.

I hope this information helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

In addition to the above answers, there are Research samples in Python available in developers forum which would also run on Linux.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.