question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 4 7 10

Tick History error message: "ErrorMessage": "JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)",

Tick History Error:

Extracturl : https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw

We are getting connection error while accessing the Reuters API. Please find the below error message: "ErrorMessage": "JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)",

This type of error throws when we don't receive any response from API. Please look into this ASAP.

1.png

2.png

#technologytrth-rest-api
1.png (121.6 KiB)
2.png (115.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
295 2 2 4

@Vinod A Hi Vinod,

I'm not sure but I'm wondering if this error is being thrown up because the return is not necessarily going to be JSON in the response, and I am wondering if this is why the error is occurring.

On sending the request from an ExtractRaw a 200 OK return should return JSON, with JobId and Notes, however should there be a 202 Accepted instead I believe the response header 'Location' with a full url needs to be 'monitored' as separate GET request until the, also see the below URL for more detail (DSS or Tick History credentials required)

selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi.Help/Home/KeyMechanisms?ctx=Extractions&tab=0&uid=Async

Best regards,

Gareth

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.