question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 4 6 10

Tick History error message: "ErrorMessage": "JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)",

Tick History Error:

Extracturl : https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw

We are getting connection error while accessing the Reuters API. Please find the below error message: "ErrorMessage": "JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)",

This type of error throws when we don't receive any response from API. Please look into this ASAP.

1.png

2.png

#technologytrth-rest-api
1.png (121.6 KiB)
2.png (115.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Vinod A

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
260 2 2 4

@Vinod A Hi Vinod,

I'm not sure but I'm wondering if this error is being thrown up because the return is not necessarily going to be JSON in the response, and I am wondering if this is why the error is occurring.

On sending the request from an ExtractRaw a 200 OK return should return JSON, with JobId and Notes, however should there be a 202 Accepted instead I believe the response header 'Location' with a full url needs to be 'monitored' as separate GET request until the, also see the below URL for more detail (DSS or Tick History credentials required)

selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi.Help/Home/KeyMechanisms?ctx=Extractions&tab=0&uid=Async

Best regards,

Gareth

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.