question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Unable to resolve this error javac is not recognized as an internal or external command

I am new to Java application and having trouble compiling a simple Helloworld program.

JDK 1.7.0 is installed in my Windows 7 and was able to set the path variable but didn't work. I keep getting the following error:

C:\Users\Ivy>cd \
C:\cd java files
C:\java files>set path=C:Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin
C:\java files>javac Hello.java
'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
#technologyjavajavascript-browser
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @sarfaraz_k ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@sarfaraz_k

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@sarfaraz_k

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The path looks incorrect. You missed the '\' character after C:. It should be:

set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin;%PATH%

Then, you can verify it with the where command.

C:\Users\U8009686>where javac
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.11\bin\javac.exe
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hi @sarfaraz_k

Please be informed that the Q&A forum is dedicated to the Refinitiv APIs only. However, you can find a step-by-step Java installation guide over internet such as:

Additionally, both Java 1.7.0 and Windows 7 are already end-of-life and no longer supported by the maintainers.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.