question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Extract Financial Year End Date using ISIN Codes for List of Companies

I have a list of thousands of companies for which I need to identify and extract the financial-year-end-date across 9 years (2014-2022). How can I do this in Refinitiv Workspace, please? I only have company ISIN codes. Thank you.

#product#contentrefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @aa8131 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.4k 253 52 74

@aa8131

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I found the TR.CompanyFYearEnd field which provides the fiscal period end date for the next expected annual report but it is unable to provide the previous fiscal period end dates.

I checked which data that can provide the Period End Date field and I found the TR.TotalAssetsActual.periodenddate field. Therefore, you can use Eikon Data API to retrieve this data. The code looks like this:

df, err = ek.get_data(["US4592001014","US5949181045","GB00BH4HKS39","AU000000NST8"],
                      ["TR.TotalAssetsActual.periodenddate"],
                      {"SDate":"0","EDate":"-10Y","Frq":"FY"})
df

The output is:

1689745752625.png

You can also use the Data Item Browser tool to search for available fields.

However, it is better to contact the Helpdesk support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm this method. The support team may provide other fields which can be used to receive the Financial Year End Date.

1689745752625.png (44.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.