question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 2 3

Latency updating IDN service

The IDN service of the RDMS updates only 3 messages per second (limitation parameter managed by Reuters).

We have to update the curves of 7 currencies to a Front-end Software that only accepts IDN feed (Bid and ask fields).

One currency (or curve) impacts 13 RICS so the update is quite slow and so is the ack.

The underlying idea is to embed in the message all the RICS of one curve as increasing the parameter from 3 to a higher value is only postponing the inevitable latency.

Do you have an idea if such a solution is feasible?

refinitiv-realtimetreprfarfa-apilatency
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

reuters-idn-1.txt

Please refer to the attached document

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

@Christophe.Hannosset

Thank you for the information. I can understand the scenario better. The RICs and data structure you have tried to update on IDN are static. For API, the only possible way is to post an update for a RIC one by one.

The limitation is configured in the MarketLink IP. There might be solution to extend the limiation or other solution for the contribution to IDN. I would suggest you contact MarketLink IP support team at https://my.thomsonreuters.com/ContactUsNew and your TR account team for solutions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
11.3k 25 9 14
@Christophe.Hannosset

I understand that the 3 messages per second is the message rate that the MarketLink IP component can accept the post message. Is this correct?

According to the "One currency (or curve) impacts 13 RICS", does this mean the same values need to be updated to 13 RICs? If so, is it possible to separate currency information to a new RIC and change the client's application to subscribe to that RIC? So your application can post only one message, instead of 13 impacted RICs.

To understand the scenario better, can you provide example of your RICs?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.