question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 1 3 12

RSSL_ENCRYPTED connection works without specifying certificates

Hi,

I use ema3.6.6.L1, c++ RealTime SDK. I have specified in my ema configs ConnectionType to be RSSL_ENCRYPTED and EncryptedProtocolType to be RSSL_SOCKET. I haven't specified any certificates. I can connect with RTO without any issue. Whenever i've not specified any certificates, what is the default behaviour ? Do i use an unencrypted channel ? or does API uses a self signed certificate ?

elektronema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.4k 253 52 74

@thilinaillangasinghe

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Refinitiv Real-Time SDK C/C++ uses the OpenSSL library to establish SSL connections.

If you haven't specify any certificates, the OpenSSL library will use the defautl certificate store file installed on the machine.

If the file is not available or the certiciate is invalid, the application will be unable to connect to RTO.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.