Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 5

Fetching "Time Series Data Items" - TR.NUMBEROFSHARESOWNEDBYFOREIGNINVESTORS

Hi guys, I have a question regarding the following Data Items:

"TR.NUMBEROFSHARESOWNEDBYFOREIGNINVESTORS"

"TR.FOREIGNTODOMESTICHOLDINGRATIO"

which I want to fetch over the Eikon Data API. It seems that even in Excel I always get an empty response (NULL). Why is that? What do I have to specirfy? Does this data item behave different because it falls under the class of "Time Series Data"?

Kind regards

#contentpython apiformula-builder
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @s2782245 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@s2782245

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @s2782245 ,

I tried that field on Excel in adition to the DIB, and also in Python, to no avail. In the latter, I received the error code:

`RDError: Error code -1 | Insufficient scope for key=/data/datagrid/beta1/, method=POST failed. Required scope: {'trapi.data.get.data.read'}. Missing scopes: {'trapi.data.get.data.read'}.`

Which leads me to believe that the data may exist for these companies (I tested with "LSEG.L", "VOD.L", "AAPL.O", "MSFT.O") but you (and I) need access to "datagrid".

This is thus a content (or permissioning) question. Going forward, I suggest you open a ticket on my.refinitiv, as this Q&A Forum is for technology (API) questions only, and we will not be able to help for content or licensing questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.