question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Can we use GCODE tables as data items using Eikon API? for example MIFID_SENIORITY_CDS

Can we use GCODE tables as data items using Eikon API? for example MIFID_SENIORITY_CDS

eikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @johnnavi.quinones ,

To find field names in EDAPI (Eikon Data API), please use the DIB (Data Item Browser). I looked for MIFID_SENIORITY_CDS but did not find it there, so I guess that GCODE tables data items are not available unfortunately…

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Jonathan. Thanks! Would there be alternatives like using Eikon R API? Or other libraries?
Hi @johnnavi.quinones, I had a look on the Q&A and found this, where they suggest this package. Is that what you were after?
Hi @jonathan.legrand thanks for the forum links. I was wondering if other libraries can help the client since our eikon and rdp libraries are limited to pulling up data by using instrument and data item codes. Client specifically wants to pull up MIFID Seniority of a bond but no data items for such, and upon looking we found gcodes but found out that it is only a database for the meaning of the codes.
Upvotes
1.4k 5 3 6

Hi @johnnavi.quinones

I think that you can use rd library and search function:

import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
rd.discovery.search(
    view = rd.discovery.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS,
    filter = "ISIN eq 'BE0002479542'",
    select = "MiFIDBondSeniorityCode"
   )

possible results:

JUND Junior Debt
MZZD Mezzanine
SBOD Subordinated Debt
SNDB Senior Debt

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Hi Marcin. Thanks! Will try this now

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 5 6

He @marcin.bunkowski01

I have a quick question. How can I get a list of field name for the "select". The field name for MiFIDBondSeniorityCode from the GCode database viewer is mifid_seniority_cds. I wanted to search with other fields, but I don't know how to the the corresponding name.

Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.4k 5 3 6

Hi @vuk.magdelinic,

I do recommend to check this article by @nick.zincone. He explains the power of search and how to get most of it. There is no simple rule other than playing a bit with that and adjusting the parameters to obtain expected results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.