question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Hi! How do I run RDP without having to rely on desktop app?

In eikon we use appkey to start the session. In RDP we use open_session however I want to be able to run my codes without having to open the eikon or workspace desktop app. How can I do this?

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologycredentialsappkey
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @johnnavi.quinones ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @johnnavi.quinones

The Refinitiv Data Libraries have the ability to connect to multiple environments to retrieve data. If you are using RDP, you can define a 'platform' session - this does not require any desktop application to be running.

The following diagram provides an overview of the different sessions:

1693342096074.png

I would recommend you refer to the Session example defined within GitHub. This will outline what is required to connect into RDP. I would also recommend you review the Refinitiv Data Library for Python API page - contains a good overview of the capability and does provide details around how to connect into the data environment and walks through some basic examples.

1693342096074.png (75.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.