question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

Hi! How do I run RDP without having to rely on desktop app?

In eikon we use appkey to start the session. In RDP we use open_session however I want to be able to run my codes without having to open the eikon or workspace desktop app. How can I do this?

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologycredentialsappkey
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
18.7k 85 39 63

Hi @johnnavi.quinones

The Refinitiv Data Libraries have the ability to connect to multiple environments to retrieve data. If you are using RDP, you can define a 'platform' session - this does not require any desktop application to be running.

The following diagram provides an overview of the different sessions:

1693342096074.png

I would recommend you refer to the Session example defined within GitHub. This will outline what is required to connect into RDP. I would also recommend you review the Refinitiv Data Library for Python API page - contains a good overview of the capability and does provide details around how to connect into the data environment and walks through some basic examples.

1693342096074.png (75.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.