question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Application.Run Range("PLPauseResumeEventHandler")

Application.Run ("PLPauseResumeEventHandler") or other vba codes?

fixing some vba codes
wanted to pause workbooks auto update for eikon via excel using vba
was using Application.Run (PLPauseResumeEventHandler)
anyway to split it into pause and resume only? or any other methods to control it?

Application.Run (PLPauseResumeEventHandler) only toogles on and off, any other ie
Application.Run (PLPauseEventHandler) to only pause it and
Application.Run (PLResumeEventHandler) to only resume the eventhandler
basically want to halt all refinitiv-excel updates/data retrieval when opening the spreadsheets

1. Application.Run (PLPauseResumeEventHandler) to split it into pause and resume
2. Any other method other than method above
3. Application.Run ("TRExcelReCalculateUpdatedFctManualMode") for this, is there a way to change it to refresh workbook or sheets only
4. is there any differences between method above and 'DoEvents
'Application.Run "EikonRefreshWorkbook", True, 120000
'DoEvents

#productvba
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Zen.Villanueva

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@Zen.Villanueva Thanks for your question. Please see my answer to a similar question on a previous thread here. In it I point to a tutorial which explains all the functionality we offer filled with code samples. I might need to come back to you on point 4. Let me know if this is ok for you. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Hi @jason.ramchandani01

Any updates on point 4?

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

@jason.ramchandani01 thank you for your response. I appreciate this and will advise the client.

I will wait then for your response and update for point4 if you dont mind.

icon clock
10 |1500

@jason.ramchandani01

Do we have any updates for point4?

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@Zen.Villanueva @Jirapongse So as far as I can tell Point 4 will conduct a full Workbook refresh - whereas the routine in Point 3 seems to be a manually created Refresh - which could refresh only specified sheets or ranges - it is difficult to tell without seeing the code for these. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.