Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 1 6

Python - querying Company Name, Exchange and RIC using PermID

I have a list of PermID's in a dataframe for a large number of companies.

I'd like to enrich this list with Company Name, Country (i.e. United Kingdom), RIC, ticker, Exchange its listed on (i.e. FTSE), business summary etc etc. I can find plenty of articles about using various methods of using company name, but not the other way around by using Perm ID to query additional info about a company.

What do you guys recommend?

Thank you

python#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @di.ti

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.2k 59 14 21

Hi @di.ti,

Most of this information can be found using the Data Item Browser in Eikon/Workspace. Please search for the relevant field and use it within the get_data call.

1700074478339.png

1700074478339.png (17.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.