question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

I have PermID and Issuer names and I need to retrieve the cik numbers for these issuers. Can someone help me with the code to do this? I am using Workspace in my computer.

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspace-data-api#technologycompany-research
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @s1910010 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.4k 5 3 6

Hi @s1910010

You can do it using search. Sample code for Apple:

import refinitiv.data as rd
from refinitiv.data.content import search
rd.open_session()
response = search.Definition(
                            filter = "IssuerOAPermID eq '4295905573'",
                            top = 1,
                            select = "IssuerCikNumber" ).get_data()
response.data.df
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

@m.bunkowski Thank you! Is there any way I can run a loop to search for different permIDs? I have a list of them I need to find the CIK for.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @s1910010

Here is a sample:

permids = ['4295904307','4295905573','4297089638']
for p in permids:
    response = search.Definition(
                filter = f"IssuerOAPermID eq '{p}'",
                top = 1,
                select = "IssuerOAPermID, IssuerCikNumber,ShortName" ).get_data()
    print(response.data.df)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.