question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 2

I am trying to pass my IP Address in the format of "IPAddress/net" in the ENAME_POSITION field when sending a login request.

treprfarfa-apiOMMconfigurationlog-in
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
11.3k 25 9 14

The exception message implies that the login stream currently is not opened. It seems that your login request with different IP address has been rejected so the stream was closed.

Please verify the Login response received in your application. For the "RFA .Net Tutorials / step 8", the Login response will be logged to console. Below is the example of the Login Denied response.

<- Received MMT_LOGIN - Login Denied
streamState : Closed
dataState   : Suspect
statusCode  : NotAuthorized
statusText  : A21: A required argument was NULL

You can post the Login response and the value passed in the POSITION field here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Please provide details of error message you encounter and also include code snippets and any config files that you are using.

icon clock
10 |1500

Invalid usage exception message:“OMMConsumer::registerClient() has been called with an item request prior to login request. Login request is expected first.

When I pass an IP address different from the default value "127.0.0.1/net", the login request passes but an exception is raised when sending a subscription request. This error message sounds like the login request was not sent or taken into account. I am using the sample code provided in "RFA .Net Tutorials / step 8", with RFA API .Net version 7.5.0.L1.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.