For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 1 3

DSS : stored and scheduled extraction and possible delay if we run identical schedules in API and sftp

This question is from one of DSS prospets.

This client would like to retrieve DSS through API, but also would like to leave CSV files in DSS as a back-up just in case their API is failed (fyi, their connection will be Leased line).

(1) Can we recommend Stored and Scheduled extraction on DSS? Can we schedule DSS extraction files via GUI and retrieve them from API (or is this only for TIckHIstory)?

(2) Technically, can we run the same parallel schedules simultaneously through (a) API and (b) SFTP through the same single DSS ID?

(3) If we run the same schedules simultaneously as described above in (2), would it be any possible delay of data retrievals compared with single indipendend API and SFTP extraction? I suppose if this is within max number of connection/extraction limit described in DSS best practice guide, it should be no delay resulting from this, but please confirm.

Regards,

Hiroko

dss-rest-apidss#product
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@hiroko.goto

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@hiroko.goto

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@hiroko.goto

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I checked the LSEG DataScope Select Best Practices & Fair Usage Policy guide and found these answers.

1. The files are stored on the servers before deleted. Extractions older than 45 calendar days are automatically deleted and cannot be recovered. On-demand extractions expire after 3 days. Yes, you can use the API to download fileds from schedule extractions. Please refer to this DSS REST API: Downloading Completed Extraction Files by a Schedule Name article.

2. There are limits for concurrent extractions. Please refer to the LSEG DataScope Select Best Practices & Fair Usage Policy guide in the Extraction Prioritization, Queueing & Concurrent Processing section

3. According to the guide, you are correct. If the number of jobs doesn't exceed the concurrent extractions limit, the jobs will be proceseed by DSS without waiting in the queue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Jirapongse Thank you.  Let me confirm if I understood correctly.

If we schedule extraction by Stored and Scheculed extraction by DSS API, are these files are found in extraction files tab in DSS GUI? Are they compatible between API created files & DSS GUI? SFTP files and GUI files are compatible, so I d like to double check if this is the case between the API and GUI.

Hiroko

Yes, the scheduled files are avaiable in DSS Web GUI.

What do you mean by compatible? Both Web GUI and API use the same DSS backend thing so the extraction process is the same.

However, these questions may not directly relate to the API usage so please contact the DSS support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm your understanding.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.