question

Upvotes
Accepted
55 2 2 6

Can you help clarify my understanding of requesting RICs via a symbol list request?

Hi.

I am looking to get a list of all RICs for Shanghai Stock Exchange equities and Shenzhen Stock Exchange equities. I have been referencing this article (https://developers.lseg.com/en/article-catalog/article/all-rics-available-on-elektron-realtime) and I recently found this tool (https://developers.lseg.com/en/tools-catalog/ric-search). Based on these resources, I think I need to make a RDM symbol list request using a RIC wildcard for these exchanges. I think the RIC wildcard for Shanghai Stock Exchange RICs would be "%.SS" and the RIC wildcard for Shenzhen Stock Exchange RICs would be "%.SZ". I think the symbol list request message's message key flags need to have RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME and RSSL_MKF_HAS_NAME_TYPE. I need to set the msg_key nameType field to RDM_INSTRUMENT_NAME_TYPE_RIC and the msg_key name field should be set to the RIC wildcard that specifies the list I am requesting (e.g. "%.SS"). I have a few questions. I unfortunately do not have the ability to readily test against a real production UPA server, so I need to do as much up-front checking of my understanding to make sure things work as expected.

First, is my current understanding of how to make this request correct and is this the request I am looking for? That is, will this return a symbol list refresh message containing the Shanghai Stock Exchange RICs and Shenzhen Stock Exchange RICS.

Second, assuming this is correct, is there any way I can aggregate this request using an OR condition? For example, setting the msg_key name field to "%.SS|%.SZ".

Finally, what other methods are available to me to request RICs for those equities. It seems from the article I am able to using the Exchange name or the numeric Exchange ID as given by the RDN_EXCHID in the enum type dictionary for the UPA server. In those cases, would those go into the msg_key name field as is? For example, if I chose to request these RICs via Exchange name, would the msg_key name field simply be "Shanghai Stock Exchange"? Similarly, would the msg_key name field be something like "RDN_EXCHID=XXX" if I wanted to request by Exchange ID?

Thank you very much

#contentrefinitiv-data-platformricscrdmupasymbol-list
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@bneway

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@bneway

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The Symbol List domain provides access to a set of symbol names, typically from an index, service, or cache. Therefore, the data feed or the provider of real-time services must support the requested symbol list RICs. If the data feed doesn't recognize that symbol list RIC, it will close the stream with the "The record could not be found" message.

The sample valid symbol list RIC is .AV.O.

As mentioned in the article, to use the wildcard, you need to configure it on your data feed server (such as, Refinitiv Real-time Edge) .

1707115946843.png

I am not sure if you are able to access to the Refinitiv Real-Time Edge console application. Please contact your Refinitiv account team or sales team directly to verify the data feed product that you are using. Configuring the data feed server is beyond the scope of the real-time APIs.

Otherwise, if you have an access to the Refinitiv Data Platform, you can use the search feature on Refinitiv Data Platform to search for RICs. For more information, please refer to the Building Search into your Application Workflow article.

1707115946843.png (35.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.