question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Is Free Float Market Cap available in any of the RDP APIs?

Hi,

Similar to the content discussed in the following thread from 2020, I was wondering if a historical / point in time Free Float Market Cap can now be obtained from any of the Refinitiv Data Platform APIs?

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/67381/how-do-i-retrieve-index-constituents-in-rdppython.html

Thanks!

python#product#contentrefinitiv-data-platformpython apiconstituents
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
79.4k 253 52 74

@kge

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I can use the following code with Refintiv Data Library for Python to retrieve the the Free Float Market Cap.

rd.get_data(universe=["AAPL.O"],
           fields=["TR.CompanyMarketCapitalization.date","TR.CompanyMarketCapitalization"],
           parameters={"SDate":0,"EDate":-9,"Frq":"Y","ShType":"FFL"})

The sample code is also available on GitHub. Otherwise, you can run the code on CodeBook.

You can use the Data Item Browser tool to check available fields and parameters.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 0 0 2

Thanks Jirapongse!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.