question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 1 1 4

Going delisting data

Hi everybody! I am currently exploring methods to obtain a comprehensive list of companies along with their respective delisting announcement dates, utilizing Codebook. This requirement is akin to the functionality provided by the advEvents application. While I am able to generate a list of delisted companies through a specific formula from the screener app, my primary objective is to extract both the company name and the date of its delisting announcement. The ultimate aim of this endeavor is to facilitate future analyses that delve into the reasons behind each delisting event, rather than merely identifying the occurrence of such events.

Thank you!

pythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikon#technologyrefinitiv-data-platform-librariescodebookevents
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @vitali

I would suggest you use the Search API.

For example, here is a request to retrieve the first 25 delisted companies and the delisted dates:

rd.discovery.search(
    filter = "OrganisationStatus xeq 'Delisted'",
    select ="DocumentTitle, DelistedDate, OrganisationStatus",
    top = 25
)

1707495320172.png

This will provide a good start to further your analysis. I would also suggest you review this article around the Search API and what you can do.

1707495320172.png (87.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

I am reaching out for further assistance following your previous recommendation to utilize the Search API for my project. The integration has been successful, but I've encountered an obstacle with configuring the filters. Specifically, I am having difficulty identifying the appropriate PropertyNames to use within the "filter" parameter, as these were not detailed in the documentation provided, particularly in the Building Search into your Application Workflow.

Could please you direct me to the section of the documentation that lists the available PropertyNames, or provide guidance on how to access these values?

Hi @vitali

The Property Names are defined within the Metadata section of that article. There are many hundreds of Properties which can be retrieved via the metadata API. Within the "related articles" section, you will see a reference to "build queries easily using the Search API...". That article is very useful to pull down and hunt for properties for you to access within your Searches. Because the Search environment is very rich and powerful, that article hopefully provides a better way for developers to figure out how to pull down the appropriate property names for use.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.