question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Search API - what are the available columns name for select and filter arguments?

Hi,

I am using refinitiv.data.content.search.Definition() which has two argument select and filter.

My question is how can I know which columns name are available for specific views and how can I select all columns. "*" doesn't work.

For example, in screenshot, your example code select columns "ISIN,RIC,IssueDate,Currency,FaceIssuedTotal,CouponRate,MaturityDate". And I want to know what are other available columns for Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS and other views.

Please note it is different with historical_pricing.summaries.Definition() where I have the rics, so i can use data items in desktop to find avaiable columns.

Thank you for the help!

screenshot-2024-02-16-at-155733.png

#technologydatascope-selectsearchfilter
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@liu.chen

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@liu.chen

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@liu.chen

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use the search.metadata.Definition method to get all fields available in each view.

response = search.metadata.Definition(
    view = search.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS # Required parameter
).get_data()

response.data.df

The output looks like this:

1708064246944.png

For more information, please refero the Building Search into your Application Workflow article. The example is also avialable on GitHub.

1708064246944.png (26.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much Jirapongse! This is exactly what I am looking for.
Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @liu.chen ,

The code below can be used to retrieve the metadata of each view

import refinitiv.data as rd
from refinitiv.data.content import search

rd.open_session()

response = search.metadata.Definition(
    view = search.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS
).get_data()

response.data.df

1708064466222.png

1708064466222.png (38.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.