question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Search API - what are the available columns name for select and filter arguments?

Hi,

I am using refinitiv.data.content.search.Definition() which has two argument select and filter.

My question is how can I know which columns name are available for specific views and how can I select all columns. "*" doesn't work.

For example, in screenshot, your example code select columns "ISIN,RIC,IssueDate,Currency,FaceIssuedTotal,CouponRate,MaturityDate". And I want to know what are other available columns for Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS and other views.

Please note it is different with historical_pricing.summaries.Definition() where I have the rics, so i can use data items in desktop to find avaiable columns.

Thank you for the help!

screenshot-2024-02-16-at-155733.png

#technologydatascope-selectsearchfilter
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
83.1k 281 53 77

@liu.chen

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can use the search.metadata.Definition method to get all fields available in each view.

response = search.metadata.Definition(
    view = search.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS # Required parameter
).get_data()

response.data.df

The output looks like this:

1708064246944.png

For more information, please refero the Building Search into your Application Workflow article. The example is also avialable on GitHub.

1708064246944.png (26.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much Jirapongse! This is exactly what I am looking for.
Upvotes
14.9k 32 5 10

Hi @liu.chen ,

The code below can be used to retrieve the metadata of each view

import refinitiv.data as rd
from refinitiv.data.content import search

rd.open_session()

response = search.metadata.Definition(
    view = search.Views.GOV_CORP_INSTRUMENTS
).get_data()

response.data.df

1708064466222.png

1708064466222.png (38.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.