Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 2

Fund Management Approach

Hello,

Very short and simple problem:

I am trying to find the "Management Approach" field in the Eikon API, but so far without success:

ek-picture.png

The ISIN for the window in the picture is LU1009760643.

Best,

BQXQ

python apifunds
ek-picture.png (141.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.6k 3 2 3

Hi @BQXQ , I think you are correct that this "Management Approach" is not available in the Eikon API. Eikon API only have some essential / old data fields for funds. This "Management Approach" field, like many other fields are only available in the RDP Funds API or other services like the Lipper for Investment Management (Lipper IM) desktop service.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Could you please explain how to achieve this using the RDP API?

Upvotes
1.6k 3 2 3

Hi @BQXQ ,

I have issue to reply you as a comment, so I try to put it as "Answer":

Firstly, RDP Funds API is a separate product (not part of the Eikon/Workspace) and it should cost you separately. It is a REST API, so you just make a REST request via HTTPS with an access token. The request for your sample fund can be:

https://api.refinitiv.com/data/funds/v1/assets?symbols=68365095&properties=attributes[filter:MGTMTAPP]

This will give you the response indicating if that fund's "management approach" is active or passive. It is in JSON format like below:

{
  "assets": [
    {
      "id": "68365095",
      "attributes": [
        {
          "code": "MGTMTAPP",
          "type": {
            "id": "55480",
            "name": "Management Approach"
          },
          "values": [
            {
              "value": {
                "id": "55240",
                "code": "MAACTIVE",
                "name": "Active"
              }
            }
          ]
        }
      ]
    }
  ],
  "totalRecords": 1,
  "fromIndex": 0,
  "toIndex": 0,
  "pageNumber": 0
}

Usually, user make the query to get all the attributes for a fund, rather than just specific one or query a list of funds for a specific attributes/flag or any data field.

If you are interested in RDP Funds API, please check with the account manager assigned to your organisation. If you are an "internal user", please raise your need to the Lipper Desktop Product team to apply an access / approval.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.