question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Open dacs daemon connection is stuck in CONNECTION_PENDING state

Hi Team,

Open DACS is not working across rfa v8.2.3 / v8.2.4 jar when run across jre17 (eg. v17.0.9).

The daemon connection is stuck in CONNECTION_PENDING state which results in an endless loop of checking daemon state.

The DacsSubscribeClient given in portal itself is not working and is stuck in the while loop of openDaemonConnection method.

_agent = _system.createAuthorizationAgent(authorizationAgentName,
                                              /*withCompletionEvents*/true);
        // Wait for startup daemon connection to complete
        while (_agent.daemonConnectionState() == AuthorizationConnection.CONNECTION_PENDING) {
            try {
                Thread.sleep(1);
            }
            catch (InterruptedException ie) {
                ie.printStackTrace(System.err);
                System.exit(1);
            }
        }

Can you please review and let us know if it's a known issue?

Also, what should be further steps to handle this issue.

Thanks.

#technologyrfajavaDACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @sumit_sharma

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@sumit_sharma

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I can run the dacsSubscribeClient example properly. I used rfaj8.2.4.L2.all.rrg and dsdkj8.3.0.L1.devkit.rrg with JDK 17.

1709697778564.png

I got the AuthorizationConnection.CONNECTION_PENDING status when a DACS Sink Daemon was trying to reconnect back to the DACS.

1709697791466.png

OpenDACS API connects to DACS via a DACS Sink Daemon.

Therefore, you may need to check the version of DACS Sink Daemon and a dacs_snkd.log file to verify if a DACS Sink Daemon can connect to DACS.

You can also enble the debug log in a DACS Sink Daemon by using the set_debug tool. To investigate this issue on a DACS Sink Daemon, please contact the DACS support team directly via MyRefinitiv.

1709697778564.png (13.8 KiB)
1709697791466.png (32.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Jirapongse ,

Thanks for your response.

Can you please let me know what version of dacs.snkd and dacslib are you using?

Thanks.

I am using dsdkj8.3.0.L1.devkit.rrg and running the DACS Sink Daemon (dacs_snkd.exe Version dacs7.10.0.F1) on the local machine.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.