• FGBMc1=CTD
  • FGBLc1=CTD

How can I do that via a python api?

Regards

Sumit

#technologydss-rest-api#contentpython apifutures
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @sumit ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thank you,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@sumit

I only found the Quote - BPV field in the Tick History Time and Sales report template.

Please contact the DSS support team directly via MyRefinitiv to verify if this field is avaiable in DSS report templates.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@sumit

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I assume that you are using Datascope Select REST API.

To extract the data through DSS, you need to have instruments, report templates, and content fields that can provide the requried data.

You can refer to the LSEG DataScope Select Data Content Guide that provides definitions of all of the data fields available in LSEG DataScope Select.

I found the Quote - BPV field in the Tick History Time and Sales report template which belong to the LSEG Tick History product.

1711076407733.png

After that, you can test the request message in Postman. Please refer to the Datascope Select or Tick History tutorials. If the request message works, you can use Postman to generate the Python cdoe for you, as mentioned in this Generate code for a REST API call using Postman in just a few clicks article.

For example:

This Tick History Time and Sales template provides tick data and the request message is:

{
  "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TickHistoryTimeAndSalesExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [
        "Quote - BPV"
    ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",  
      "InstrumentIdentifiers": [{
        "Identifier": "FGBLc1=CTD",
        "IdentifierType": "Ric"
      }],"ValidationOptions":{"AllowHistoricalInstruments": true,"AllowOpenAccessInstruments":true}
    },
    "Condition": {
      "MessageTimeStampIn": "GmtUtc",
      "ApplyCorrectionsAndCancellations": false,
      "ReportDateRangeType": "Range",
      "QueryStartDate": "2024-01-01T00:00:00.000Z",
      "QueryEndDate": "2024-01-20T12:00:00.000Z",
      "DisplaySourceRIC": true
    }
  }
}

Send this message to the https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRaw endpoint with the HTTP Post method. The output looks like this:

#RIC,Alias Underlying RIC,Domain,Date-Time,GMT Offset,Type,BPV
FGBLc1=CTD,,Market Price,2024-01-01T00:31:51.111376995Z,+0,Quote,8.382
FGBLc1=CTD,,Market Price,2024-01-01T01:31:51.116361300Z,+0,Quote,8.382
FGBLc1=CTD,,Market Price,2024-01-01T02:31:51.121392371Z,+0,Quote,8.382
FGBLc1=CTD,,Market Price,2024-01-01T03:31:51.126400940Z,+0,Quote,8.382

If you are unable to find the required content fields, please contact the DSS support team directly via MyRefinitiv. The support team will verify the required content fields for you.

1711076407733.png (13.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

dss.jpgThanks you so much for the quick response. I copied the above and hit send. I get this... Also attached is my header with the Authorization key

{
    "error": {
        "message": "No permission for template \"TickHistoryTimeAndSalesReportTemplate\"."
    }
}
dss.jpg (59.4 KiB)
Hi- just realised this example is using tickHistory. Do you have an example using DSS?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.