question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Getting SSL error while running OpenPermID library in python

I tried running the following command but got the error:

output,err = opid.lookup("1-4295880893", orient="row", format='dataframe')

err

requests.exceptions.SSLError(urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='permid.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1-4295880893?format=json-ld&access-token=wUJpJlRwrmXbf4qWe25XFuBtB0GDWPjr (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1129)')))"))
#technologyopen-permid-apisymbology
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
23.7k 61 15 21

Hi @arun.mani,

What product or service are you using? Can you please provide a link to this OpenPermID library that you are using.

In general, when Python requests module has SSL error, it is either because:

1. The Python instance and requests module is old and does not have latest certificate store.

2. You app is behind a firewall which is re-signing the SSL requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello Gurpreet!

Thanks for the response, I am currently using OpenPermID python library:Introduction to the Open PermID Python library | Devportal (lseg.com)

I am running this from my company's network. Just wanted to know what the certificate's are required to run this in my employer's environment. It gives accurate results when I run the command on my personal system.

@arun.mani

The error indicates the connection was blocked by your company's network policies.

You need to contact your company's network team to unblock the connection.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.