Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Historical CDS Data for all S&P 500 firms

Hello,

I want to export historical data on 3-year CDS spreads for firms included in the S&P 500 index, with an annual snapshot as of March 31st for each year from 2014 through 2023.

As I am new to working with financial data sets, I would greatly appreciate a step-by-step guide on how to access and export this specific dataset. If I have to access it through the API, a detailed instruction that is suitable for an absolute beginner would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance!

eikon-data-api#contentpython apiswaps
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@buehrmar

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply, and then close the question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @buehrmar ,

Hi,

We just happen to have a beginner’s guide in the article “Summary of Common LSEG Refinitiv APIs”.

I would advise following the information given there, specifically the “Others” section.

As per that section, you will want to use the DIB; in your case, however, it would be best to start with the Advanced Search – Credit Default Swaps. You can find this Workspace app on Workspace by searching – on its top search bar – for “Advanced Search – Credit Default Swaps”:

A screenshot of a computerDescription automatically generated

From there, you can find the RICs you are after and look for fields on DIB:

1713950818031.png

1713950787359.png (98.2 KiB)
1713950818031.png (77.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jonathan.legrand

Thank you, this already helped very much!

However, if I follow the mentioned steps, the actual values won't get shown (see screenshot below). Did I do something wrong, or do I lack access or something?

Thank you for your help!

cds.png

cds.png

cds.png (123.1 KiB)
cds.png (123.1 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.