Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Infrastructure 360 (GINFR) through Python API

I'm looking for a way to access the data available in LSEG Workspace under "Infrastructure 360" (GINFR) through the Python API. They don't appear in the DEALS_MERGERS_AND_ACQUISITIONS and LOAN_INSTRUMENTS views, which is reasonable. However, I haven't been able to find any record of them by just searching for the (supposed) PermID/DealID either. How can I get a pull of all projects in the dataset straight into Python to then perform further analyses on?

workspace-data-api#contentpython api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 0

I came up with the following, which matches the number of obervations the Screener returns. It's (significantly) less than in GINFR, though there seemingly are duplicated in the latter. pjf_fields is a list of the fields related to project finance (TR.PJF) I found in the CodeCreator.

pjf_data = []

for year in trange(1990,2024):
    df,err = ek.get_data("SCREEN(U(IN(DEALS)/*UNV:DEALSPROJECTFINANCE*/), IN(TR.PJFProjectUniverseType,""SDCPJF""), BETWEEN(TR.PJFFinancedDate," + str(year) + "0101," + str(year) + "1231)/*dt:Date*/)",
                         pjf_fields)
    pjf_data.append(df)

pjf_data = pd.concat(pjf_data,ignore_index=True)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.6k 20 6 9

@eikon29 So I don't believe this content set is available via API search views. The only way I think you can get this data in Workspace is by pulling it via the excel button. I have asked the content team to confirm and I will report back here. Please bear with me.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.