question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 2 2

Does an EMA or RFA provider need to provide ripple fields in a refresh message

Hello,

Should a provider send blank values for ripple fields within an image for a subscription?

Fields such as TRDPRC_1 ripple to TRDPRC_2, ..., TRDPRC_5. I see that the function of performing the rippling is the responsibility of a consumer. But, should the provider include an initial value (e.g blank) for the ripple fields in its image?

Semantically, I suspect that as TRDPRC_2, etc would not need to be included as the consumer could perform rippling irrespective of if ripple fields are included in the image.

Please let me know what the recommendation is for such fields. We're using both RFA and EMA.

Thanks,

#productripple-fields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.3k 62 15 21

Hello @sbutler9,

The ripple fields are provided by the provider and not consumer. If your custom provider does not support these fields, you can simply skip publishing these fields in the Refresh and Update messages.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 2 4

Hi,

If you don't include the ripple fields, the downstream devices won't be able to recover them immediately after a connection outage. They must wait for the next 5 updates to fill in all the ripple fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 3 2 2

Thanks Both

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.