Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 6 10 11

Company Screener not returning results

I am trying to run the screener function on python but a code which used to work in the past is now not working properly. I would expect the below to yield results but nothing seem to come up?

code = 'TR.NAICSSubsectorAllCode(Concat=|)'
naics_code = '325'
syntax = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,private,primary))), \
            CONTAINS(' + code + ',' + naics_code + '), \
            TR.TotalRevenue(Period=FY0,Scale=6)>=1000, CURN=USD)'

fields = ["TR.OrganizationID","TR.CommonName","TR.CUSIPCode","TR.ISINCode","TR.IsPublic","TR.BusinessSummary","TR.HeadquartersCountry",
          "TR.NAICSSectorAll(Concat=|)","TR.NAICSSectorAllCode(Concat=|)","TR.NAICSSubsectorAll(Concat=|)","TR.NAICSSubsectorAllCode(Concat=|)",
          "TR.NAICSIndustryGroupAll(Concat=|)","TR.NAICSIndustryGroupAllCode(Concat=|)","TR.NAICSInternationalIndustryAll(Concat=|)","TR.NAICSInternationalIndustryAllCode(Concat=|)",
          "TR.CompanyMarketCap(SDate=0D,Curn=USD,Scale=6)", "TR.CurrEnterpriseValueEV(Curn=USD,Scale=6)","TR.Revenue(Period=FY0,Curn=USD,Scale=6)", 
          "TR.EBITMarginPercent(Period=FY0)","TR.F.EBITDAMargPct(Period=FY0)","TR.NetProfitMargin(Period=FY0)", 
          "TR.ExchangeName","TR.UltimateParent","TR.UltimateParentId"]

df, e = ek.get_data(syntax, fields)
df

I have attached evidence of the issue. Could you please help?

python#contentpython apiscreener
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
84.6k 287 53 77

@Giorgio Cozzolino

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I ran the code and found that the response contains an error "processing failed".

However, if I change 'TR.NAICSSubsectorAllCode(Concat=|)' to 'TR.NAICSSubsectorAllCode', the code can run properly.

code = 'TR.NAICSSubsectorAllCode'
naics_code = '325'
syntax = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,private,primary))), \
            CONTAINS(' + code + ',' + naics_code + '), \
            TR.TotalRevenue(Period=FY0,Scale=6)>=1000, CURN=USD)'

You need to contact the helpdesk team via MyAccount to verify the query.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.