question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Is something happening with RIC 'PMNT.K'?

I am looking for very simple annual TR.CompanyMarketCapitalization data but I am encountering issues with PMNT.K, my Refinitiv desktop app freezes and the Refinitiv data python api throws an error code 416. Yet, the company seems to be regularly traded, and I cannot reproduce the same problem with any other RIC I am looking at. Is this a permission issue or am I missing something?

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikonrdp-api#contentpermissioningeikon-desktop-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
15.3k 32 5 10

Hi @mburato ,

Using Data Item Browser, only TR.F.MktCap field data is available on this RIC

1722412810613.png

Hence I tried to retrieve annual market cap data with these fields. For TR.F.MktCap, it's only latest value, and the other fields (TR.CompanyMarketCapitalization, TR.CompanyMarketCap), return <NA>.

1722412850334.png

And here is the error returned when retrieving the last two fields

Error code -1 | Unable to resolve all requested identifiers in ['PMNT.K']

To clarify the content and suggest proper field to be used for annual market cap, ticket number 13784091 was raised on your behalf and the helpdesk is going to contact you to assist on this.

1722412810613.png (195.4 KiB)
1722412850334.png (28.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Amazing, I'll take this through helpdesk then. Thanks for the help!

Upvotes
15.3k 32 5 10

Hi @mburato ,

I've tried with only TR.Revenue field and can get the data properly. It could be from specific field that cause an error, could you please provide the code you have been used for further investigation?

rd.get_data(
    universe=['PMNT.K'],
    fields=['TR.Revenue.date', 'TR.Revenue'],
    parameters = {'SDate': '-5', 'EDate': '0', 'Period': 'FY1', 'Frq': 'FY'}
)

1721795634135.png

1721795634135.png (19.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @raksina.samasiri , thanks for the prompt answer. I did check and revenue works for me too. However, as soon as I change it to TR.CompanyMarketCapitalization and TR.CompanyMarketCapitalization.date it still hangs and then 416 error. Could you please check if that is your case as well?

@raksina.samasiri edited question to reflect the fact that the problem seems centered around market cap

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

Apparently there was a database update and now the ric seems updated/no longer avalilable

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @mburato , May I ask who told you this? I'm asking because I'm able to collect information for this RIC, indicating that it hasn't been deleted; the information is the same that can be seen in the screenshot in the answer to this question on Jul 24th 2024, indicating that it hasn't been altered either:

rd.get_data(
    universe=['PMNT.K'],
    fields=['TR.Revenue.date', 'TR.Revenue'],
    parameters = {'SDate': '-5', 'EDate': '0', 'Period': 'FY1', 'Frq': 'FY'}
)

1723636631141.png

1723636631141.png (11.6 KiB)
mburato avatar image mburato jonathan.legrand
Hi @jonathan.legrand, sorry there was a bit of back and forth with support. Now both market cap and revenues are correctly shown for the ric in question and a couple of others I flagged. Hopefully the error does not persist on your end. I tried and for me it works, I'll update the answer.
Upvotes
1 0 0 2

After talking to support, now all items seems to be showing for PMNT.K. Thanks everyone for the help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.