question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 2 1 3

DSS Report Template permission for API

Hi, I have a question on DSS Report Template permission for API.

Can we extract data sets without permission in DSS GUI through SOAP API or REST API?

There are some doubts that some users are extracting the data without permission through SOAP API, so I d like to confirm if it is technically possible.

For example, 1 DSS ID has only pricing permissions such as EoD Pricing and Price History if we look at GUI, but it seems that they are extracting T&C data for fixed incomes from the same ID.

I know it is not possible through GUI or SFTP, but I d like to know if we can do so via SOAP/REST API.

Regards,

Hiroko

#technologydss-rest-apidssdss-soap-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
24.8k 64 15 21

Hello @hiroko.goto,

The user permissions are same across the GUI and the API, so this should not happen. You should reach out to the DSS product team to verify the user entitlements and also possibly look at the server logs to confirm.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.