question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 4

instrument list / template / schedule | GUI vs API

Hi,

To schedule an extraction, we have to

- create an instrument list to define the scope

- create template to define the result format.

same action on both GUI and API.

I would like to know if it's possible to crate a template in GUI, and then use it in API mode?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

David LY. ( java user )

tick-history-rest-apiricstemplategui
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @davly182

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
942 8 9 13

Hi @davly182,

Yes, you can absolutely do that with the TRTH REST API. I recommend the REST API Tutorial 11: GUI control calls: immediate extract tutorial that explains everything you need to know in that domain (and even more). If you develop in java I also recommend the Programming without SDK Tutorial that explains how to use the API in java.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@davly182

To add a few more details:

• You can create / update / delete instrument lists using the GUI or the API. That is also valid for report templates.
  • Items you created using the GUI (or the API) can be re-used from the API (or the GUI).
  • The java sample DSS2ImmediateScheduleIntradayBarsTRTHClient (available in the downloads) contains methods that illustrate the use of the API calls to retrieve an instrument list (or report template) by name.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.