question

Upvotes
Accepted
8 12 13 18

How to check the content of a SYMBOL LIST

We're currently working on a NIP which publishes Market Prices and Symbol List into an ADH.

• In order to check what we publish in a Market Price, we launch the binary "ads/demo/example" in order to connect to an ADS and subscribe to a RIC.
  • But I don't know how to check the content of a Symbol List... I can dump the ADH cache, but it doesn't show what's inside the Symbol List. Is there an easy way to check what we publish in a Symbol List?
elektronrefinitiv-realtimetrepinfrastructurenon-interactive-provider
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
942 8 9 13

Hi @nicolas.roux,

You could use the example270__SymbolList example of the Elektron SDK Java for that. To do so, you just have to change the name of service and symbol list in the Consumer.java file (line 176) and then build the Elektron Message API examples (EMA). Building the examples is quite easy. This is explained in the Elektron Message API Java Quick Start. The Elektron SDK and related examples are available for download here. Once the SDK downloaded, you will find example270 in this folder: Ema\Src\examples\java\com\thomsonreuters\ema\examples\training\consumer\series200\example270__SymbolList

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks for the tip Olivier.

I didn't try your solution, but I used the "ommviewer" RFA example instead and it's working fine:

(I can't remember where I dowloaded it...)

Thanks anyway!

screenshot999.jpg (26.9 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.