question

Upvotes
Accepted
301 14 33 39

Does TRKD have any general guidelines in terms of performance and load?

Just curious if there is any guidelines in terms of expectation of response times if a blast of requests is sent to the TRKD servers? Also, if I have a requirement where I know I may need to issue a batch of requests to TRKD where it may impact normal performance, is there a configuration option per client based on expected load?

rkd-apirkdperformanceload-balancing
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
121 1 0 0

Please refer to User Throttling chapter available in the developer guide, the Overview section there notes: "The purpose of web service throttling is to limit the load that clients might place on TRKD API services and thus prevent abusive clients from impacting other clients and to protect backend systems from unexpected workload increase. The amount of load is determined by the number of requests per second made by clients. A client is identified by a TRKD API application ID."

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.