question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

any working TRKD QuickStart perl script on Centos/Linux?

I get a trial ID today and after changing the 'APPLICATIONID/USERNAME/PASSWORD', I still cannot use 'Quotes.pl' from the TRKD Perl Quick Start package. I get a '500 SSL negotiation failed' error.

I looked at the ruby sample and there is a reference to a .pem file (which could be ruby specific code fix).

In short, I appreciate if someone can verify the perl script is good or not. Thanks.

rkd-apirkdperl
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Escalated to SMEs (Wim Ooms , Greg Lee, Dan Tripp and TRKD_API_DEVSUPPORT). I asked them to answer to the 2nd question. I also ask them to confirm they are watching the TRKD forum.

Hello @dbtrhk,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @dbtrhk,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
206 1 2 2

I find same issue when I use ActiveState perl for windows (based on 5.24.1)

-- but using latest Strawberry perl (based on 5.26.0) seems to work fine

-- that suggests perl script itself is OK , just dependent on the environment its running in

I know you say Linux, not windows, but can you share details of your perl setup - are you up-to-date, including imported modules for soap and especially ssl ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The customer seems to have a follow up question. Can you please comeback and check it?

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Quite a bit has happened since then. TokenManagement.php works now after I get a new set of login/password. I am able to use JSON API's with perl too, so in a way my perl is not that broken -- but I think my script is using Socket::SSL indirectly, not Net::SSL

Only Quotes.pI doesn't work, and I did a 'cpan Net::SSL', which shows I have version 2.86. SOAP::Lite is 1.20. perl version is 5.16.3 (from Centos 7).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
121 1 0 0

Hi,

Sorry, this reply is not really meaningful for I don't have much to add. To repeat the earlier reply from my colleague Robin, I also installed latest Strawberry perl for windows (64 bit), entered the login information in the Quotes.pl script, ran the script in a command prompt and received good results.

We dont have much expertise in perl.

Thank You !

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.