question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 3 3

How to get only increments for volatility.

Hi,

How to get only increments for volatility, Instead of increments we are always getting volatility rate for RIC "EUR10PON=R" in BID and ASK column, Could you please help us to find the column in which we could find only increments for the same. other wise please share the RIC's which will return only increments for the give delta.

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, -AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 1

avatar imageRathish K T, I was suggested that SI should be available to all Eikon premium users, but not sure about variants. Anyway, I still have no contact point for SI team and need some time to seek him out to double confirm on this point.

In the meant time, could you please confirm whether SI does exactly what they want.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 59 14 21

@Rathish K T Can you please describe what exactly you are looking for. There are fields NETCHG_1 and PCTCHG_1 which display the change from previous close. It is also quite trivial to calculate the change from previous BID/ASK; if that is what you are interested in.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Gurpreet. I need the volatilites to be represented as increments from the ATM Volatiliy levels. For example If ATM Vol is 5% and Inc for a non-ATM Strike is +0.1, That means Volatilty for the specified non ATM strike is 5.1%. My front office system accepts these increments and that's why I'm wondering there's a way Reuters directly gives these increments for consumption without any calculations from my side.

Upvotes
21 0 0 1

@Rathish K T TR currently not provide the incremental of Volatility at the streaming data level, but there is a feature in Eikon called Synthetic Instruments (SI) that allows to create a user-defined instrument with simple operations (such as a spread), and to use that instrument as if it was a standard RIC. Anyway, it could only use for fixed delta levels as per VOLSURF RICs, not strike levels.

icon clock
10 |1500

Defining Synthetic Instruments (SI) at Eikon and requesting (SI RIC's) the same is licensed or free. If licensed could you please share the details.

@bussaya.kansarn

Can you help on additional question from Rathish?

@Rathish K T @bussaya.kansarn. Eikon synthetic instruments are not applicable in this case, since Rathish is using RFA API and getting data from TREP or Elektron.

So correct answer would be: TR does not provide incremental volatility as a field.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.