Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
339 4 4 6

Support Eikon reverse proxy app data (e.g. Global Fund Flows app) in this API?

My understanding is currently this Eikon Data API does not able to access contents from reverse-proxy Eikon apps. E.g. the fund net flows data in Eikon's Global Fund Flows app. Is there a plan for that in the future? Or it is actually supported already?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifundsreverse-proxy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

Hello again!

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Wan Po.Lee avatar image   Wan Po.Lee Nipat Kunvutipongsak

Hi Nipat, Jorge's reply is not an answer but asking for more details. I just found my feedback to him was not shown now. I will do it again.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
434 1 2 2

Hi Wan Po - yes you are correct - if the data is hosted in a different server/source then it wont be accessible through this API. We can post this enhancement request to the Lipper team.

Regards,

Jorge

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
434 1 2 2

Hi Wan Po - not sure what you mean by reverse proxy app data; the majority of the data that is currently displayed in our apps is available through the Eikon Data API - regardless of them going through reverse proxy.

Which data in specific from FLOWS are you trying to retrieve?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Jorge,

If you type "flows" in the Eikon search box, you shall see an App called "Global Fund Flows". This is a reverse-proxy app that the contents and funcationalities are hosted in a separate server maintained by Lipper technical team. I do not seem to able to find these data via Data Item Browser.

Any data shown in the home page of this app can be a good example to test. Such as the Flows in US$B for Top 5 Classification (latest weekly data).

Even better, if I can access a report that configured by user using this app. (in the Reports tab) via this API, that will be fantastic.

Hi Jorge,

Not sure why my previous feedback was not show up. I try again: For example, the latest net flows for different periods (daily, monthly, yearly) for each region at the left panel in the Home page. You can just type "flows" to open the app. in Eikon and its Home page will be shown. I do not find a way to access these data. Thus I assume the API is not for reverse-proxy app.

Hi @jorge.santos

Could you please look into the client's feedback?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.