Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Eikon API Proxy Beta availability for linux

In the "quick start" section, you are saying that the proxy is available for linux as well, however, there is nothing available for linux in the downloads. Is it still planned? This would be really great for my case where I run reports on a scheduled basis integrating several data sources and do not need to depend on my desktop being up.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apilinux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @roman.kouzmenko,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @roman.kouzmenko,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @Charles C
You can install Eikon and/or Eikon API Proxy on as many machines as you like, but you can use your Eikon account credentials on one machine at a time. If you need to be able to retrieve data from Eikon on two machines simultaneously, you need two Eikon user IDs.

However what I think @jorge.santos was referring to is the data usage rights. With a desktop product such as Eikon you're licensed to retrieve the data "for the User's individual use". Whether you retrieve data into Eikon application, Excel or any custom application you build using Eikon APIs, you're bound by the same desktop product data usage license. If you intend to utilize the data retrieved for any purpose other than "for the User's individual use", such as for example systematically and substantially use the data retrieved in in any kind of enterprise application, redistribute it to other users (unless all these users also have Eikons which entitle them to view these same data), redistribute data to other systems serving or shared by multiple users etc., then you need to contract for an Enterprise product such as Elektron datafeed for streaming market data or Datascope Select for fundamental and reference data, which comes with the license permitting your intended data usage.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
434 1 2 2

The linux version will be addressed after the Beta period.

Also - this API - in all the platforms, is intended to be used under a Desktop license. If you are running reports in an automated form in different machine - then we have other products more suitable for that.

icon clock
10 |1500

Can you describe what these 'other products are'?

I would have thought that it is a pretty mainstream Quant use of the API to have two machines - a 'dev' one and then a 'production' one which runs the scheduled tasks analysing data.

Upvote

Hi @Alex Putkov.,

I am wondering if the Linux access is available now?

Thanks for helping on this.

Kind regards,

Daniel

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi team, I'm also interested in the answer to this question. Can the Eikon API Proxy be run on a linux box at this time?
Thanks!

Hi all,

I also wonder about this question. Any solution?

Thanks!!!!

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

Since this thread was created the strategy changed, and at the moment there's no plan to introduce Eikon Data APIs Proxy for Linux. Instead we're working on the new Refiniv Data Platform, which will provide the distribution layer for Refinitiv data for both enterprise and end user products and allow the same data retrieval APIs to be used with both types of products.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.