question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 3 2 5

Longname of a RIC

Hi , can I ask whether we can get the 'real' longname of the results from the rsearch function? The longname from the CommonMetaData class seems to be much shorter than the longname if we use the Reuters search.

Thanks.

eikoneikon-com-apiricsmetadata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm not sure I quite understand the question. CommonMetaData class you mentioned is not a member of RSearch.dll COM library. And for all I know RSearch worksheet function or namesake COM library cannot retrieve instrument descriptions or "long names". It can only retrieve instrument codes. However, what I guess you might be looking for is the instrument description you can see in autosuggest drop-down as you type in text in Eikon command/search bar. I'm afraid there's no public API available through Eikon, which will give you exactly that. However you might want to look into fields TR.InstrumentDescription and/or TR.AssetCategory, which you can retrieve using DEX2 COM library given an instrument code. To quickly try it use the following example formula in Eikon Excel:
=TR("TRI.N","TR.AssetCategory;TR.InstrumentDescription")

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 3 2 5

Thanks a lot. It works.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.