question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Missing a field

I am trying to get 2 fields from a RIC - but one of them is never returned.

Details:

RIC [NZG1217=NZFA], field [HST_CLOSE] is returned, but field [CF_DATE] is not.

The list of returned fields (debugging in the decoder) has 185 field IDs, in order, but ID 5361 is missing (goes from 4305 to 5357). My dictionary file contains the mapping from field 5361 to CF_DATE, but this is before I even try to map the field ID.

I see lots of other fields, including some date fields, so it is not a date parsing issue (the list of fields is produced before I do anything).

I am using RFA8_NET140.dll, c# .NET application. When reduced to one of the example/tutorial apps, I see the same behaviour.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Thanks

P.E.

treprfarfa-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

The “CF_” field is “Consolidate/Common” field generated by application such TRKD and Eikon. Those fields are not from Elektron feed. You can refer to this question for more information.

For other fields, if the application couldn't find them in the refresh message, it means that the data provider doesn't publish those fields.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, that answers the question perfectly. I should be looking at VALUE_DT1 and VALUE_TS1 for the date/time that I want!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.