question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 3 2 7

Unable to run C# / RFA.NET console app on a Windows Server 2008 machine

I have built a C# app as a Console application with configuration set to 'Release' and Platform is 'x64' (set in the IDE) - using Visual Studio 2015. The Server has .NET 4.6.2 (shown in screen shot).

Trying to run my Console app on a Windows Server 2008 machine.

All DLLs have been copied to the same directory as the exe on the Server but when I try to run it, the following error occurs:

If a person maps to the server's drive from their PC and runs it remotely, my app runs with no problems - the user did have Eikon and Visual Studio on their machine though.

I'm guessing that somewhere on the compilation, something is 32bit as I tried building an install program using Advanced Installer 14.3. This came up with the following dependencies which makes me think it thinks it's 32bit but I don't know why:

Any ideas what/where I can check for 32 bit? Or how can I enforce everything being built in 64bit? I'm new to C# so it may be a simple parameter somewhere.

Grateful for any help as it is holding up release of this application.

Many thanks, Lou.

treprfarfa-apic#64-bitwindows-server-2008
2008failure.png (22.8 KiB)
advancedinstaller.png (131.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@Louise Kellett

It could be the case that you don't have VC++ runtime dlls installed on the windows 2008. Basically RFA.NET is .NET wrapper class build on top of RFA C++ so it requires Visual C++ runtime.

-Do you have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 install on windows 2008?

Also please verify if you have RFA8_MsgFile140_x64.dll in running directory to avoid issue that applicaiton unable to find the message file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

That fixed it! Thanks, moragodkrit :)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.