Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 1 3

Using both .NET and Scripting APIs

My needs require the use of both the .Net API and the scripting API to interact with Eikon. Is there a version of EIKON that now includes the proxy? Alternatively, can I use JSON calls such as the one produced by get_news_story to any other address than the Proxy one? I assume there is no equivalent of get_news_story in the .Net API...

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid at the moment there's no way to use Eikon .NET Data API and Eikon Scripting API simultaneously using the same Eikon user account. Eikon APIs Proxy embedded in Eikon is not yet available. And there's no equivalent for get_news_story method in Eikon .NET Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 2 1 3

I was afraid you might say that, Alex! Is there an ETA on the embedded Proxy by any chance?

In the same vein, if I have a urn (e.g. urn:newsml:reuters.com:20170405:nIFR5LpzRX:1) is there any other way I can access it programatically (e.g. a web browser call) while staying logged into Eikon and thus without making use of the proxy?

icon clock
10 |1500

There's no official ETA yet. Personally I expect embedded proxy to be available before the end of the year. I'm afraid there's no way around this issue until embedded proxy is released.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.