Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
1 1 0 1

News in Eikon Scripting API

Is there any documentation about how to construct query string in method get_news_headlines(query='Topic:TOPALL and Language:LEN', count=10, date_from=None, date_to=None, raw_ouput=False, debug=False)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiquery-string
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

Hi @Vivian.Q.Lee

Your query string is taken from the News Monitor App. Go to the News App on Eikon, select the filter tab, go to Advanced filter and click on 'Add topics'. It will give you the full list of possible news codes that you can use in your queries.

Alternatively, I suggest you go to the TRANING app on Eikon and search for News, it will provide you with a range of training resources.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Zhenya Kovalyov How can I access the query string after I have filled in the required filters, so that I can use the string in my python?

Double-click on it in the news monitor, it will convert to raw text

Right, thank you, looks like it works!

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.