question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 1 3

NFCP_UBMS missing headlines?!

Based on other posts, I understand that subscribing to the RIC NFCP_UBMS should yield a real time list of headlines (minus the actual body). However, having implemented a subscription using the Eikon Desktop Data .NET SDK, and comparing what is received to what comes via Eikon headlines, I often find missing data., specifically on the three news sources I am monitoring: PRN, BSW, GNW. Many times a day, a headline from one of these sources arrives on the Eikon GUI but not via the API. I have tried watching visually the NFCP_UBMS quoteline, and it appears to be missing there too, though that's hard to see given how fast it moves. Any thoughts?

eikoneikon-com-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Not all of the news are distributed with NFCP_UBMS, so I will suggest using a dedicated News API in order to work with this dataset, for example,the Eikon Scripting API with Python (currently in Beta)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.