question

Upvotes
Accepted
42 4 4 6

Contribute currency rate to Reuters via C#

Hello! I have a few questions about contribution, API docs about contribution is very poor. I am using C#.

1) I want to load the values of different currencies in our currency, so I do this

AdxRtContribute myAdxRtContrib = MyEikonDesktopDataAPI.CreateAdxRtContribute();
            myAdxRtContrib.Source = "TRC";
            myAdxRtContrib.ItemName = "AUDKZTFIX=";
            myAdxRtContrib.Mode = "SCOPE:SERVER";
            myAdxRtContrib.Contribute("BID", "271.71");

Am I right?

2) How can I test it?

3) How to check that contribution has been sent successfully?

eikoneikon-com-apicontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I'm afraid unlike RtContribute function in Eikon Excel you cannot use AdxRtContribute object to send contributions to TRC source. In other words AdxRtContribute cannot be used to send contributions over the Internet to Thomson Reuters real-time data network known as Elektron. AdxRtContribute can only be used to publish data to middleware infrastructure known as TREP (Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform). TREP in turn can contribute this data to Elektron, but you cannot send contributions straight from AdxRtContribute to Elektron network.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok, so how can I contribute currency rates? Or how often TREP is contributing data to Elektron?

Thomson Reuters Enterprise Platform you mean Eikon Terminal?

No, I don't mean Eikon Terminal. TREP is middleware, not a terminal.
To set up contributions to Thomson Reuters you need to engage your internal market data team (if you have one within your organization) or your Thomson Reuters account manager. If your organization does not have TREP infrastructure in place, then you won't be able to contribute programmatically using any of Eikon APIs. Your only option to send contributions from Eikon would be RtContribute worksheet function in Eikon Excel.

ok, thank you very much for your time

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.