question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 0 3

Getting story content

Good afternoon, we are evaluating which SDK to use for a particular internal app need. I am familiar with the Eikon Scripting API and the COM SDKs. I am also somewhat familiar with the JET api. Specifically, I understand how to use the JET news plugin to subscribe to desired headlines.

My question is this: is there a way to programmatically, from within JavaScript, retrieve the news story using the urn? I do know that it can be achieved with .navigate, but for our needs I would rather avoid the opening of new objects, and would like to instead control the display of the story within our app. Thank you!

eikonnewseikon-app-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

In the context of an App Studio app using JET API I cannot think of any way of doing this, I'm afraid

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7 2 1 3

Alex, if downloading the story content from within JET is not an option, is there a way to use JET API or just JavaScript in the JET app to programmatically "browse" (e.g. http request) to a page that has an HTML version of the story?

icon clock
10 |1500

There's no officially supported way to do this. However with the release of Eikon 4.0.42 scheduled for the end of November, which includes Eikon API proxy embedded in Eikon application, you may be able to send HTTP requests to the API Proxy (localhost on port 36036) from Javascript. There's no documentation for this, you'd have to open the source code for Eikon Python library and reverse engineer the workings of the get_news_story method. I haven't tried this myself, so cannot be sure if this actually works. But this is the only possibility I can think of.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.